“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
Philosopher Xun Kuang
To prepare students for life after university, we work with each student to engage in at least one hands-on internship experience to help you develop skills related to your chosen career. You will work with your academic advisor to identify a paid internship in Lincoln, somewhere else in the U.S., or even somewhere else in the world!
Our students have completed internships with private companies, government agencies and non-profits. You will have the freedom to find your passion in any area that you choose. We want you to use this time to actively explore and learn while building skills and having amazing experiences.
Alexis Lorence has had multiple internships including one working on permaculture at Big Island Farms in Hawaii and as a National Science Foundation summer intern through the Research Experience for Undergraduates working on sustainable biofuel research.
John Faltin completed an internship during a summer in Australia. He worked with the South Australian Research and Development Institute on a sea grass rehabilitation project.
Sydney Lawton completed multiple internships while being an Environmental Studies student including one working on a farm in the jungles of Maui.
Michaela Daugherty worked for the Nebraska League of Conservation Voters and the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs with the U.S. Department of State in Washington D.C. Read more
Hannah Gavle completed an internship at an organic farm called Thistle Whistle in Hotchkiss, Colorado. On the farm Hannah harvested foods and interacted with the goats.
Holly White was in Namibia at the Namib Desert Environmental Education Trust. She spent the summer teaching kids about sustainable living.
Abbie Andersen interned with a local family-owned business, James Arthur Vineyards, built over three generations through the past 20 years to become the largest winery in Nebraska. Read more
- Air Regulations Consulting, LLC
- Ashfall State Historical Park
- Blue Fire Strategies
- Cedar Point Biological Station
- Cheetah Conservation Fund Summer – Namibia, Africa
- Community Crops
- Fish and Wildlife Service – Alaska
- Friends of the National Parks Foundation – Bali, Indonesia
- Global Treks and Adventures
- Grey River Sports
- James Arthur Vineyards
- Kimmel Orchard
- Kinghorn Gardens
- Lancaster County Noxious Weed Control
- Lauritzen Gardens
- Legal Aid of Nebraska
- Lincoln Children's Zoo
- Lincoln Parks and Rec.
- Lincoln Public Schools
- Morrill Hall
- Nebraska League of Conservation Voters
- Nebraska Recycling Council
- New Zealand Green Building Council
- Omaha’s Botanical Garden
- Platte Basin Timelapse Project
- Steamboat Lake State Park in Clark, CO
- Science Communication Intern at Morrill Hall
- Tongass National Forest
- U.S. Department of State- Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affair
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Museum
- UNL Forestry department
- Upper Loup Natural Resources District